You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.
How do I update a page (a row on a table) dynamically?
I have a page which displays all the products in a shop.
Each time a new product is added - two things happen.
1) The user is taken to the products/index page which shows a list of all the products added - including the new product.
2) A Sidekiq BG job starts. It basically goes to amazon and finds the price of the product added.
As the user is taken the products/index page after they add the product - they see that the new product is added (but the price and other info is empty). I want to somehow update this products/index page dynamically with the details of the new product (which is got via the Sidekiq worker).
I am just thinking how to approach this:
- Should I somehow get the worker to access this page and update the details?
- Should I do some polling method on the index page and just refresh it every few minutes.
- Or should I explore Action Cable to do this.
Any help will be appreciated. Just not sure which is the recommended way to do this..