Ask A Question

Notifications

You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.

Is Ruby on Rails still relevant in 2023 ?

kriti verma asked in Ruby

If yes ,please share your thoughts why it is relevant ?

yes. but.. and there is always a but.
why I still use Rails in 2023

• I prefer ruby. I use other languages but always come back.
  • team size, team onboarding.
  • stable
  • fast prototyping.

with team size and team and onboarding makes sense. I have taken over a few node express apps over the last 5 years and converted them to rails api's because any time a new member joins it takes them way to long to get started as code is placed where the original app dev thought was good. Rails apps are good for small to medium teams that rotate a lot, this is because they can use the built in standards and tools to find stuff and fix bugs. the issue we have is that it is hard to keep rails devs as they tend to move on because rails devs tend to get paid pretty well.

Ruby on Rails is still relevant in 2023 due to its ease of use, rapid development capabilities, stability and maturity, and its ability to keep up with modern web development trends.

I can say ...

One of the reasons for its continued relevance is its ease of use and rapid development capabilities. RoR has a strong emphasis on convention over configuration, which makes it easy for developers to get started quickly and build applications faster. It also has a vast ecosystem of libraries and tools that make it easy to add new features and functionality to an application.

Another reason for RoR's continued relevance is its stability and maturity. RoR has been around for a long time, and many large-scale applications have been built using it. This means that the framework has been battle-tested and proven to be reliable and scalable.

Furthermore, RoR has kept up with the latest web development trends, such as the move towards API-driven architectures and the rise of front-end frameworks like React and Vue.js. RoR has made it easy to build APIs and integrate with modern front-end frameworks, making it a great choice for building complex web applications.

yes, I think so

it depends...

In London, there are quite a few small to medium sized companies that work with Ruby on Rails, including relatively recent companies. I think for start-ups is quite a nice choice, because you can go from nothing to deploying a proof of concept very quickly, and then from there scaling is also quite easy. You can focus on the task at hand rather than setting up and configuring.

Ruby on Rails is also quite accessible, so you don't need to hire engineers that are specialized on rails. I myself have only really worked with ruby on rails for the last 2 years, and yet I feel quite at home with it.

Thanks for answering in brief, I will keep it in my mind.

You solved my problem also, thank you so much.

Join the discussion
Create an account Log in

Want to stay up-to-date with Ruby on Rails?

Join 82,464+ developers who get early access to new tutorials, screencasts, articles, and more.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.