⚠️ This is how HTTP requests work without any interaction with the model.
[request] ➡️ routes.rb ➡️ [controller] + [action] ➡️ view ➡️ browser
- A browser sends an HTTP request
- The Rails server receives the request
- routes.rb tells Rails which [controller] + [action] to send the request to (e.g. about#index)
- The [controller] receives the request and runs code in the method that matches the [action] from routes.rb
- Rails generates a view (e.g. index.html.erb)
- Rails sends the view back to the browser
- The browser renders the view
⚠️ A model is included in later guides.
🔗 Link to REST tutorial via Thoughtbot